Monday, June 18, 2007

New York, NY


As many of you know I just spent a few days in New York City. It went very smoothly and I had a very good, albeit tiring time. I don't have all my pictures yet as I'm waiting on some from Abby, but I will post some now to whet your appetite.
We stayed with some of Abby's relatives. They don't actually live in the City but a little North of it. We took a train into the city the first night we got there, walked through Times Square and went to eat at a Restaurant called Ellen's Stardust Diner. If anyone is going to the city anytime in the near future I HIGHLY recomend it. The waiters and waitresses are aspiring Broadway performers and they entertained the whole night singing show tunes and dancing on tables. It's kind of something you have to see to believe... really cool.
My final thoughts of the city is that it is one of of the cleanest and friendliest cities I have ever visited. I was expected something like a city attitude, but people on the whole were very nice, offered to take pictures for us, gave us directions, didn't push much if you stopped suddenly on the sidewalk to gape up in awe at an exceptionally shiny building... I never felt unsafe or in danger of being robbed once. I will post more pictures soon.
I love NY!

No comments: