Monday, August 18, 2008

People Came to Visit Me! (Part 1)

 
This past weekend Justine came to visit me. I used this time to explore and do some of the things I've been wanting to do since I moved here, but haven't been able to because of the plethora of weddings I've been invited to.
 
First we went to the Farmer's Market in Troy (I don't have pictures of that). I went a little farmer's-market crazy. First I went through all the booths once just to see what everyone had. Then I went through to the ones I wanted things from and tried samples of their products. Then I started buying. We bought fruits and vegetables, as well as two bottles of really yummy wine (black-raspberry and blueberry), feta cheese, organic peanut butter and some delicious crusty bread.
 
When we finally got worn out from the farmer's market (actually I ran out of cash and had to go to the ATM) we got some water bottles and sat down by the Hudson.
 
After we were refreshed we walked down the antique district and poked into some little shops, using this article as my inspiration, http://travel2.nytimes.com/2006/04/07/travel/escapes/07trip.html. The only thing I'd disagree with is that Illium is not a great place to stop to eat. It's overpriced and the service leaves much to be desired. There are many other cute, more reasonbly priced restaurants to choose from. However, all-together it was quite a fun little excursion.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: