Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Free Food

As I mentioned earlier we are served three lunches at RPC cafeteria. After the lunch I normally take some leftover fruit to eat later because, you know, the more you take from the cafeteria the less you have to buy with your own money. On Tuesday they served pizza and there was this really yummy looking bread at the salad bar so Lauren and I went up to grab a piece after the meal. One of the staff members was standing right next to the table with a scowl on his face and at first I thought he was trying to tell us to get lost, but after he saw what we were doing he offered us the entire basket, because they were just going to throw it away anyway. So he gave us a basket of bread and some butter packets. It was great but I felt a little like red riding hood carrying a basket of bread from RPC to New Road Church where are next class was. But the head of kitchen staff now is my new favorite person.

No comments: