Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm Sorry Daria

Monday morning at about 11:30 I got in a car accident. Don't worry; no one was hurt! I was in a parking lot at a stop sign, I slowly pulled out, and out of nowhere came this huge, gray van and I unfortunately ran into the side of it. The van was hardly scratched but the whole front bumper of my car was torn off. The guy I ran into was very nice and collected the pieces of my car and put it into my trunk. The cop was also very nice even though she issued me a ticket for "failure to yield at a stop sign" which I find kind of ironic--I think running into something is punishment enough. The tow-truck guy was also very helpful. Tested out the car and said we could drive it home. I'm sure we looked very comical driving around with my light bulbs exposed. I guess all in all it was a good first car accident experience. Anyway, the car, whose name is Daria, is now in the shop. Hopefully I'll be able to drive her in a few days, especially because my new job starts on Monday. Until then I'm stranded at home. Feel free to give me a call or write me or Daria sympathy notes!

2 comments:

Ted the Toad said...

hey you,

Its Cindy. glad youre doing well. car crashes are not so fun. Email me your phone number and Ill send you mine. Id love to chat with you sometime and find out whats new with you...and maybe bribe you to move in with me again one day soon! mwah!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad only your light bulbs were exposed...;)
Laura