Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Record-Breaking Post

This is the most I've posted in one month sice I came home from England. I guess my life has got much more exciting in the past month.
Last night we had 6 extra people spending the night in our apartment. The fam went to Cape May for a week and stopped here on their way back. Mom and Dad got a hotel, of course, while 6 children, aged 4 to 15 spread out on our living room floor. Well, actually the 4-year-old shared a bed with Lindsey. She kicks horribly so I don't envy her that.
This morning we took them to the park to try to wear them out but it really tired me out more. I don't know if it's because we grew up in the country, or for some other reason, but the boys have no sense of sharing space. They are so noisy: yelling, screaming and pushing each other in the playground, completely un-aware that there were several other small children trying to use the equipment being quiet and good.
The real exciting news is that I bought a car! She's a 2008, black, chevy cobalt. Very pretty--haven't decided on a name yet. I got her just in time really, because Mom drove Daria back to Potsdam today.

No comments: